Saturday 1 September 2012

inky-painty splatterings in {eggplant} hues



I found some more colours to kickstart a journal page!  I do like a challenge, and the number of colours in this photo definitely felt like one!!!


 ...but really there's just a turquoise with a pale version, three browns and a grey, so just three colours.  I started by digging out the paints and inks I had in these colours/shades.  I never try mixing colours for these challenges, do you?


Then, with supplies at the ready I can get started!  I decided to go for a background in shades of brown, just because!


The flowers are from an idea I had the other day.  I made some terracotta coloured paper then cut out the rounded triangular shapes, adding the ink once the flower shape was on the page.


Squidging the ink off the page yet again gave me some yummy background paper which I used on a tag, stencilling through the paper left from cutting out flowers [see here]


Wasn't sure about this design...


...so finally gave in to the demands of the sewing machine, although looking back at this image, it didn't really need it!


So another 'twofer'! (2 for the price of one), this one for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.  Although you don't have to use Stampotique images anymore I did use my current favourite stamp 'Journey Collage'; I just love the different sizes of font which makes great texture!


21 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm loving all your art journal pages. This is just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page and tag! So cool how you did those flowers. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique this week. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color palette is one for the record books, girl! And your design leaves me speechless! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum Sarah, lovely flower shapes. I do like seeing your development as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning.... Your Journal is amazing. you nailed the colors completely.
    Thank you for joining us for Stampotique DT this week.
    Hope to see you again very soon.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they are both fab! Love the colours and the whole idea. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC journal page - the design is awesome. Thank you for joining in with us at Stampotique Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, beautiful pages and the colors and flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous AJ page, absolutely love it! and that tag... yummy!
    thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning pages!!! Love the splattery look combined with the tenderness of the flowers. Soooo beautiful!

    die amelie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your journal page, the flowers on them are amazingly beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal page leapt out at me from SDC blog. Absolutely gorgeous and I love the sewing on the tag too - finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Sarah! Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE your journal page. You did a fantastic job.

    Thank you for joining us as the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sarah! Love, love, LOVE your art journal pages & tag ♥♥

    Sorry I am calling on the last minute, back to school tomorrow and all that!

    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is this!! I love your work i directly became a follower. Gtreetings Miek

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word Sarah, these are just STUNNING!!! Love the journal pages so much, what a fantastic way to use the Stampotique challenge colors. WOW WOW WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails