Tuesday 28 August 2012

PDCC146 playing with ink and paint on a wet bank holiday Monday!

Why does it always rain on bank holidays?  Or does it just feel like it does?!  It didn't really bother me, I spent yesterday clearing out the cellar and having the odd break to play in my journal :)


This week's colour challenge over at the Play Date Cafe is a colour splash, my favourite!


I knew my Dylusions spray inks were in the cellar and was very pleased to find them in the midst of my clearout!  And equally pleased to spot a lime in there, perfect for this challenge!


So I splodged some india ink onto my gessoed page, then laid a piece of paper over it and brayered to squidge it some more.


A bit of stamping, courtesy of Stampotique's Journey Collage, was followed by a squirt of ink through some Tim Holtz sticky letters (only I use them as a stencil lol).


15 comments:

  1. Sarah this is gorgeous! LOVE the colors, and the 'simplicity' of the total page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's yummy Sarah. it is nice to see you posting your lovely work again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like the lashing rain yesterday was from silver lined clouds for a lot of us ! I had a scrappy & journally day too ! L
    ove those colours together - off to find my Lime Zest Dylusions Ink !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your art journal!! I especially love how you used the Tim Holtz letters, I will have to check that out now! Great effect! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work! Thanks for sharing your creative mojo with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is really lovely Sarah! FAB in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so crazy in love with this background you made, it's awesome, really awesome. It doesn't hurt any that those are one of my very favorite color combinations. But other than that, the way you did the background and how it falls on your pages.......wow is all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What, what a fantastic journal! So much to look it - the ink splatters are fab! So glad you could join us for this week's challenge at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the raw artistic feel this has-it's gorgeous! It looks like it should be on a canvas and hung on the wall in a super contemporary studio apartment! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one clever girl ...happen to see you mentioned amongst Mr Holtz's blogworthy blog post :)))
    See you at the end of September ?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors and I love your grungy page. Congrats on the shout-out from TH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your journal page, that color combo is refreshing to me !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I am glad Tim shared your blog with us today. Love the use of his letters as a stencil! The colors are just awesomeone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails