Friday 17 August 2012

another PDCC colour challenge, this time it's needle felting!


I did start a journal page with this week's PDCC colours but some extra colours crept in when a blue butterfly wanted to take part!


Then, following a bit of blog hopping this morning, I decided to get out my needle felting after seeing Jackie's wonderful pieces over at Dog Daisy Chains.  Jackie's base fabric is wet felted but I don't often have the patience for that and got out a few scraps of wool and fabric and my trusty embellisher.


The images were inspired by some patterns in my V&A fifties patterns book...


Jackie's work had really made me think of Angie Lewin's prints, jam packed full of imagery and texture.


Virago have recently republished some modern classics and as one was in an Angie Lewin print I had to read it!  I enjoyed it actually.  It was written in the 1920s and it turns out I own a book by this author - it's in my nice second hand books to recycle pile, or it was, I'm now intending to read it lol!


So, a happy hour 'dumpfing', as Twiglet would say :)  I'm not sure yet what this piece will become part of yet, but that's ok, it's purpose will appear at some point!




13 comments:

  1. How gorgeous!! It's lovely to see you blogging again, life must be a little less hectic at present for you!!!
    the book looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - love to see you using your embellisher - dumfing is such a pleasure isn't it - thanks for the mention! The free machining is fab and I love the vintage feel to it. Got to agree with you about Jackie's stunning fabric work - truly inspirational. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sarah, your needle felting is very striking. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Thank you. I love your little needle felted piece. Its very successful and I think you should have a go with the soap suds as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever so pretty and full of Sarah-texture! Yum! LOVE it to pieces, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and textures, love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful needlework on the felt Sarah!!! I love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE seeing you in The Cafe again and I LOVE your needlework. I really need to spend some time with you to see if I can get it to rub off on me ; )
    Happy Anniversary sweet friend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the needle felting looks fab Sarah. you can definitely where the influence came from. I'm a great admirer of Jackie too. her colour combinations are to drool over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely journal spread and really fantastic needle felting! Wonderful design and colors. I'm new to needle felting and never considered something so 'modern'. Thanks for your visit earlier this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Journal page is wonderful...love the butterflies.

    Needle felting...oh my...that is gorgeous!!!!!

    thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh well you've outdone yourself on this beautiful work! Just fab!!! Thank you for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe! (that sounds weird lol)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super artistic and creative. Love the butterflies. Thank you for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails