Wednesday 13 May 2009

a card using sellotape... and some fairy ATCs

This isn't how I intended to showcase the alcohol ink sellotape on a card! It's just it was so easy to achieve the shiny hearts I wanted so thought I'd show you...



I was asked to make this card for a friend; the only stipulation being that the birthday girl loved shiny red hearts so... The cupcakes are Hero Arts and I stamped extra ones, laid red inked sellotape over the top and cut them out. Yes I could have used glossy card and stamped on that but this was quicker as the sellotape was right next to me :), and no worries about which inkpad to stamp with!!

I scanned these at the same time as the above as I promised Tracey at Lavinia Stamps that I'd email the images of my ATCs to her...





Both images are embossed with black sparkle embossing powder on the pre-prepared backgrounds. These were made as part of a mini workshop by Paddy at Paddy's Stamping Place.
The pink one has ink applied using cut'n'dry foam, which was then stamped with a rollagraph and text and gold pearl paint stencilled through a snakeskin stencil.
The green one has a small flourish stamped with versamark then coloured pen was put on crinkled cellophane, spritzed with water then used to apply colour to the glossy card. It was then stamped with a rollograph.

And finally, a big thankyou Sue, Jennie and Julie for your kind comments on my first post yesterday, and I was thrilled to see my blog link on Sue's blog :), and Jennie as my first follower :). Thanks guys x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails